Monday, June 14, 2010

Introduction

If you haven't heard yet, we are going to Brazil. This trip is going to be a mix of school and travel.  Both Justin and I are taking classes via our study abroad programs at our respective schools. For me this is my last undergraduate hurrah! The classes I am taking are fulfilling my final credit to graduate. Upon successful completion of the courses I will be a college graduate.

A little bit more about our respective programs/plans:

Justin: Taking two classes, one is an introduction to Brazilian Portuguese, the other a class about doing business in Brazil.  He'll be studying in São Paulo at the Fundação Armando Alvares Penteado (FAAP).  His program is sponsored by AIFS.

Jess: Program is a focused language intensive. I'll be studying in Salvador da Bahia at the Universidade Federal da Bahia.  I will be taking two classes, Portuguese and a class about contemporary Brazilian society and culture. The program is sponsored by CIEE

Each of our programs is five weeks, Justin's starting one week prior to my own. We leave for Brazil on Wednesday, June 16th and arrive in São Paulo the following day. Once we have completed our programs we will enjoy a few weeks of traveling in northern Brazil before going to Bolivia to visit our friend Nate. We'll return back to the United States just in time for Justin to start classes in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment