On Monday we were "guaranteed" to receive Justin's visa from the consulate. The tracking information from USPS confirmed its existence in Chicago and it was supposed to be at our house by 3pm. I waited at the house for the mail to come and . . . nothing. I spent the next three hours on the phone with different people from the USPS. They were not able to find the package. As far as they were concerned it was still in Chicago.
We were panicking. If it didn't arrive the next day we wouldn't be able to make our flight. I couldn't sleep and continuously checked the computer to see if the visa was anywhere to be found. Come morning the tracking information was updated, "left sorting facility in St. Paul". We were elated. It seemed we were going to make it after all.
I waited for the postman to arrive. He arrived around noon - and. . . . no package. I chased him down and asked about it. He said that because of a change of address request (because we're leaving) - he was unable to pick up the express package from the post office. He said that if I was lucky I may be able to intercept it at a local post office.
I jumped into my car and rushed to the post office. I was a nervous wreck waiting in line. When I explained the situation to postal worker, she was very compasionate, she went and searched for the package - and. . . it was there!!!! Finally after days of excess stress, we finally have both passports and visas in hand.
Relief.
No comments:
Post a Comment